The Poker Channel announces launch of live stream online
London, UK, 17th February 2009 — The Poker Channel (http://www.thepokerchanneleurope.com/), Europe’s largest dedicated gaming TV network, has today announced the launch of its live stream offering online at www.pokerchanneleurope.com/pokertv.
Alongside an extensive on demand video catalogue, the Channel will offer viewers the opportunity to watch the channel live every night from 9.30pm to 4am GMT. The online stream will broadcast the same schedule as The Poker Channel on Sky Channel 166 and is completely free to all visitors.
Programming highlights include major international tournaments such as the World Series of Poker, the Cash Game Master Class, European Cash Game, Aussie Millions, the World Heads-up Championship along with exclusive promotions and competitions.
The entire Cash Game Master Class Series — the first ‘how to’ series of its kind on cash game strategy — will also be available on demand at www.pokerchanneleurope.com/masterclass.
The first episode is available online now, and the second episode premieres online on Saturday 21st February.
The series features expert insight from poker professionals Eric Liu and Albert Iverson, hosted by David Tuckman, and includes in-depth analysis of key decisions from the PokerHeaven European Cash Game.
Hundreds of other poker videos are also available on demand including the entire series of the PokerHeaven European Cash Game (7 x 60’), a high stakes game featuring celebrated poker pros such as World Series of Poker winner, Peter Eastgate.
Chris White, Commercial Director, Poker Channel said “We are delighted to share more top poker entertainment with millions of viewers around the world and committed to offering free and easy access whether on TV or online.”
Media Enquiries Only
About The Poker Channel:
The Poker Channel is Europe's largest dedicated gaming TV network and broadcasts to more than 16 million cable TV homes in 17 countries. At www.pokerchanneleurope.com, gaming fans all over the world can also watch hundreds of videos on demand, access exclusive site promotions, features, and video news, and watch a live stream of the channel between 2130 and 0400 GMT every night.
The Poker Channel launched in March 2005 and now owns Europe's largest library of poker programming with more than 600 hours of premium content including the World Series of Poker, the World Poker Tour and other major tournaments, instructional shows, news, documentaries and top player profiles. The Channel attracts close to one million unique TV viewers per month, with 65% of its TV viewers playing online every day.
Gaming Media Group, parent company to The Poker Channel, has announced results for the year ended 31st October 2008. The Group doubled its TV advertising revenues, and achieved a 57% increase in Group revenues overall taking into account casino, bingo and TV advertising. Profit before Tax has also grown by four times to £1 million.
Watch the Poker Channel on TV:
• In the UK and Ireland on Sky Channel 166 and Freesat 406 from 9.30pm to 4am
• In France on Noos, Numericable, Free (Channels 48, 95 and 145) and Orange
• In Germany on Kabel Deutschland, KBW, Unity Media, NetCologne, NetMartens
• In Belgium on BeTV and Numericable(Channel 168)
• In Luxembourg on Numericable (Channel 168)
• In Netherlands on UPC Digital (Channel 127) and KPN (Channel 316)
• In Finland, on Welho (Channel 212) and Canal Digital (Channel 94)
• In Norway, Sweden and Denmark on Canal Digital (Channel 94)
• In Iceland on Skjarinn
• In Spain on Imagenio (Channel 98)
• In Malta on MelitaCable (Channel 209)
• In Switzerland on Zattoo
• In Greece on OnTelecom
• In Poland on Vectra
• Pan-Europe: at 1° West with set top box tuned to 11.229 GHZ Horizontal
- Poker Channel premieres Cash Game Master Class on TV and online
- Poker Channel Expands Into Eastern Europe
- The Poker Channel Expands Into Eastern Europe
- DoylesRoom Joins Cake Poker Network, Announces Launch Party Weekend
- The Spanish Poker Tour announces the launch of its second edition, EverestPoker.com to Sponsor