Sportingbet Teams Up with LeMonde.Fr in Exclusive Partnership Deal
March 11, 2010 (CAP PR Wire) — Leading French online news provider Le Monde.fr, and global online bookmaker Sportingbet have agreed to a two-year exclusive partnership. Due to start in April 2010, this move proves Sportingbet’s commitment to becoming a major player in the French online betting market once regulation is complete.
This partnership will include both an advertising agreement and a new co-branded product, accessible from the pages of Le Monde.fr sport (www.lemonde.fr/sport).
Willing to respect both the law and timetable for the opening of the market, the partners plan to deploy their strategy in two stages. A free betting application will be available from April 2010, followed by a real money website as soon as the market officially opens to operators in France (the current forecast is on the 1st of June 2010).
The partners expressed a desire to work together based on their shared values. Le Monde.fr has been particularly impressed by Sportingbet’s quality and credibility. The online gaming company has its headquarters in London, is listed on the London Stock Exchange and boasts more than 10-years industry experience. Sportingbet has also demonstrated a commitment to both responsible gambling and the fight against fraud.
Philippe Jeannet, CEO of Le Monde, said: “LeMonde.fr users expect a high quality, innovative service that respects both French and European regulations and Sportingbet have shown they will meet this expectation through their policy to date.”
About Sportingbet Plc
· Founded in 1998, Sportingbet has been listed on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) of the London Stock Exchange since 2001 and is one of the largest companies on AIM
· Sportingbet is a leading online bookmaker in Europe, Australia and South America
· The online gaming company does business in 27 countries, taking bets in 22 languages
· Sportingbet.com accepts more than 64 million bets every year
· Sportingbet.com specialise in ‘in:play’ betting, which allows customers to bet on live sports action while events are underway
· Sportingbet has been an official major sponsor of Euroleague Basketball since 2006
· For more information visit www.sportingbet.com
About Le Monde.fr
Monde.fr is the premier French news website, with 46.7 million visits certified by OJD Internet in January 2010, and is published by Le Monde interactive; a subsidiary company owned by publishing company Le Monde (SAS) (66%) and the Lagardere group (34%).
Updated 24/7, Monde.fr promises its users “all the information at the time of their connection” as well as the tools to understand and analyse it. Since April 15th, 2002, the website has also offered subscription services offering exclusive services and content, priced either €6 or €15.
French Territory Manager
AGENCE BLANCO NEGRO
Tel : +33(0)1 47 72 81 41
Mob : +33(0)6 34 18 66 54
LE MONDE.FR :
Aelya NOIRET, Agence Wellcom
Tél. : +33(0)1 46 34 60 60