SEO Book Review
Aaron Wall is the author of the book that everyone who owns a website has been talking about, the SEO Book. This book is a primary guide to teach affiliates how to make their websites the top rankings sites on search engines. Every affiliate knows that there is high competition to rank high on search engines, but Wall seems to have created a practical guide that is also easy to follow. In this article we will provide a walkthrough of this book so that you can assess if it is the right product for you.
The main reason why everyone praises the SEO Book is that his creator knows the ins and outs of search engine optimization (SEO) and is not afraid to tell you all that there is to it. Affiliates often follow the advice that Google spells out, and end up with a list of do’s and don’ts. In SEO language, those are called the white-hat methods (the do’s) and the black-hat methods (the don’ts). In this book, Wall recognizes that there is no such a thing as the morality of search engine optimization and he explains that what webmasters have are methods that either work or don’t work. Wall’s talent lays in the fact that he can combine aspects of both types of methods and turn them into efficient mechanisms of SEO that also take into account search engine’s algorithms.
If you missed it, go find out what’s up with the latest Google algorithm update!
The SEO Book explores the value and quality of traffic at search engines other than Google. The affiliate bible probably dictates that Google is the goddess of search engines; however, exploring the characteristics and features of other search engines such as Yahoo and MSN can be eye-opening and push you in different and better directions.
Aaron Wall divided the SEO book into 8 chapters in which affiliates can explore:
- CHAPTER 1 – Internet History: a guide to how the internet, SEO and marketing work as a combo and what webmasters should look for in terms of domains and hosting when they start thinking of building a website.
- CHAPTER 2 – General Internet Topics: a guide to building a site efficiently, and how to provide written information for the internet reader.
- CHAPTER 3 – Writing for Search Engines: a guide to understand the style of writing that search engine algorithms comprehend better.
- CHAPTER 4 – Interacting with Search Engines: a guide to the top four search engines, including a breakdown of their demographics, how to get better rankings at each one of them, and methods to become what search engines are looking for.
- CHAPTER 5 – Pay Per Click: a guide to how to stay competitive when keywords present high competition, Wall basically states that if you can’t rank high with a keyword you can certainly pay to get traffic for that keyword using programs like Google Adwords and Overture.
- CHAPTER 6 – Monitoring Results: a guide to the benefits of keeping track of your stats and how to do it more efficiently, it also includes advice on what to do when results seem to be slow to improve.
- CHAPTER 7 – Hiring an SEO: a guide on how to hire an SEO professional service if you decide you’d rather have someone else take care of this.
- CHAPTER 8 – Quick Start Checklist: once you are done with the book, the author provides a list of checkpoints to ensure that you are covering all the necessary aspects to improve your rankings. Everything on this list has been thoroughly covered on the book, so it’s up to you if you want to do it first and see what you are missing, or if you want to do it last so you know what Wall is talking about.
This book is a great tool that affiliates can use to develop their SEO skill and make sure that they are up to date with the latest SEO methods. Perhaps the highlight of the book is the thorough understanding of the top search engines and the advice it gives on how to interact with them. Some people seem to think the book is rather pricey, and it is up to you to decide if it is worth the investment, but we hope this review helped you out in making that decision.
Check out SEO book and how it can boost your business.