Prizes Announced for Jamie Gold Charity Tournament
7 August 2009 (London, UK) – The Jamie Gold Charity Poker Tournament, to be held at The Casino at the Empire during the Poker in the Park festival in Leicester Square, London – 13th and 14th August, is giving away a huge variety of generous prizes.
The tournament, which aims to raise money for The Jamie Gold Foundation’s numerous charities, will be co-hosted by 2008 WSOP Main Event winner Peter Eastgate and will commence at 7.30pm on Thursday, 13th August at The Empire’s Shadow Lounge.
It will be a 50 player No Limit Texas Hold’em Freezeout Tournament with starting stacks of 7,000 chips and 20 minute blind levels. Forty seats will be available at £500 per seat — the other ten seats are reserved for personal invites of Gold and Eastgate.
A number of prizes have been generously donated. These include the following:
· EPT seat worth £5,200 donated by PokerStars
· £3,000 Unibet Open Package
· Gresham Blake Tailor Made Suit
· Custom Chip Set from Marlow Casino Chips
· £1,000 Gevril Wristwatch courtesy of Bluff Europe magazine
· Custom Poker Table worth £3,000
· Tag Heuer Sunglasses
· £1,500 Oceanault Wristwatch donated by Jamie Gold
· £1,000 PopStar’ Experience including one nights accommodation at Reading's 5 Star Forbury Hotel
· Poker & Golf program with Dare2Dream
· A week's poker training by "The Maven" in his Las Vegas poker academy
Prizes will be awarded by choice. i.e. 1st place gets first pick, second place gets second pick and so on.
Attending the tournament will be Michael Greco, Teddy Sherringham and Mark Chadwick of the band the Levellers. Also attending will be Poker Pro JJ Hazan as well as Gold and Eastgate.
For more information contact:
+44 (0) 207 976 6469
ABOUT POKER IN THE PARK
2009 will mark the third anniversary of Poker in the Park. Held in Leicester Square, on August 13th & 14th, the event draws 15,000 poker enthusiasts to participate in fun, free poker tournaments and enhance their poker skills through free poker lectures taught by the biggest pros in Europe.
ABOUT THE JAMIE GOLD FOUNDATION:
The Jamie Gold Foundation is dedicated to supporting non-profits and educating the public and the poker community about charitable giving.
After the untimely loss of his father to Lou Gehrig’s disease in 2006, Jamie Gold was deeply moved and decided to dedicate his time and influence in the poker community to help raise funds for charitable causes. Having attended, co-hosted, and emceed more than 60 charity events since his World Series of Poker victory, Mr. Gold has set the standard for giving back as a champion of his field. Through his charitable work, he has helped to raise more than $110 million for causes he believes will make the world a better place for many others.
The Jamie Gold Foundation exists to ensure that the charitable funds raised by the public are donated and put to use promptly and efficiently through a variety of reputable and vetted non-profit organizations. Through his past experiences with charities and extensive research into the operational component of non-profits, Mr. Gold and his team have worked diligently to identify those philanthropic organizations that are professionally managed and committed to distributing the funds they generate to worthwhile causes and programs. The foundation is dedicated to the education of the public, inspiring charitable giving and resourcefully channelling funds, ensuring that your monetary contribution is meaningful and creates positive change.
About the Charities the Jamie Gold Foundation Supports:
· The Muscular Dystrophy Association/ALS Division (Helping Jerry’s Kids): The Muscular Dystrophy Association is a voluntary health agency — a dedicated partnership between scientists and concerned citizens aimed at conquering neuromuscular diseases that affect more than a million Americans
· The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research: The Michael J. Fox Foundation is dedicated to finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease through an aggressively funded research agenda and to ensuring the development of improved therapies for those living with Parkinson’s today.
· The Montel Williams MS Foundation: Montel is committed to raising awareness, raising funds for research and providing inspiration to those who have MS.
· Sunflower Children: Sunflower Children strives to help children around the world overcome the burdens of poverty, disease or disability to become healthy, educated, self-sustaining, and contributing members of society.
· Covenant House: Covenant House is the largest privately funded agency in the Americas providing shelter and other services to homeless, runaway, and throwaway youth.
· The Fallen Heroes Fund: The Fallen Heroes Fund exists to provide empathy and financial support for the families left behind when a law enforcement officer or fire-fighter dies assisting the citizens of Los Angeles County.
· The Fulfillment Fund: For the past 20 years, The Fulfillment Fund has been providing college scholarships to the graduates of its high school programs. With the help of supporters, alumni and staff we were able to grant 49 new scholarships this year to deserving students
· The Abolish Slavery Coalition: Abolish Slavery is a non-profit organization dedicated to combating human trafficking and restoring dignity to victims. We organize and coordinate investigations and field operations to find, identify, and retrieve men, women, and children from slavery, providing for their safe aftercare and rehabilitation.