Poker Channel announces launch of German language site
London, 27th February 2009 — Pokerchanneleurope.com has launched a new website catering for their dedicated German speaking viewers and readers that is accessible through the Poker Channel’s home page and at http://www.pokerchanneleurope.com/de.
Pokerchanneleurope.com now provides the latest in poker videos, poker news, interviews, gaming site promotions and poker strategy in German and English with French and Romanian versions to follow soon.
Alongside regular features and videos, www.pokerchanneleurope.com/de will offer the exclusive online broadcast of the PokerHeaven European Cash Game with full German commentary. The brand new "PokerHeaven European Cash Game" (7 x 60') is an invitation-only event, featuring some of the best established and up-and-coming cash game players in the world including the 2008 World Series of Poker winner, Peter Eastgate, and German cash game player, Chris Haller.
The series was filmed last autumn in response to increasing demand for cash game poker on TV. The Producer of the series is Emblaze Productions, whose extensive credits include The Million Dollar Cash Game, European Poker Masters and The Million Pound Challenge.
About The Poker Channel:
The Poker Channel is Europe's largest dedicated gaming TV network and broadcasts to more than 16 million cable TV homes in 17 countries. At www.pokerchanneleurope.com, gaming fans all over the world can also watch hundreds of videos on demand, access exclusive site promotions, features, and video news, and watch a live stream of the channel between 2130 and 0400 GMT every night. www.pokerchanneleurope.com is offered in both English and German.
The Poker Channel launched in March 2005 and now owns Europe's largest library of poker programming with more than 600 hours of premium content including the World Series of Poker, the World Poker Tour and other major tournaments, instructional shows, news, documentaries and top player profiles. The Channel attracts close to one million unique TV viewers per month, with 65% of its TV viewers playing online every day.
Gaming Media Group, parent company to The Poker Channel, has announced results for the year ended 31st October 2008. The Group doubled its TV advertising revenues, and achieved a 57% increase in Group revenues overall taking into account casino, bingo and TV advertising. Profit before Tax has also grown by four times to £1 million.
Watch the Poker Channel on TV:
• In the UK and Ireland on Sky Channel 166 and Freesat 406 from 9.30pm to 4am
• In France on Noos, Numericable, Free (Channels 48, 95 and 145) and Orange
• In Germany on Kabel Deutschland, KBW, Unity Media, NetCologne, NetMartens
• In Belgium on BeTV and Numericable(Channel 168)
• In Luxembourg on Numericable (Channel 168)
• In Netherlands on UPC Digital (Channel 127) and KPN (Channel 316)
• In Finland, on Welho (Channel 212) and Canal Digital (Channel 94)
• In Norway, Sweden and Denmark on Canal Digital (Channel 94)
• In Iceland on Skjarinn
• In Spain on Imagenio (Channel 98)
• In Malta on MelitaCable (Channel 209)
• In Switzerland on Zattoo
• In Greece on OnTelecom
• In Poland on Vectra
• Pan-Europe: at 1° West with set top box tuned to 11.229 GHZ Horizontal