No Indictment on Me, Says Absolute Poker Investor
August 25, 2008 (InfoPowa News) — Allegations in reports carried by online gambling information portal Gambling 911 that he was the subject of a sealed indictment in the United States have been "vehemently" denied by Phil Tom, father and alleged investor in Absolute Poker.com, which is widely believed to have been founded by his son Scott.
Tom spoke directly to online poker information site Poker Daily News regarding rumours that he had been indicted in connection with the hole card cheating scandal at Absolute Poker, indignantly denying involvement and saying: "I don’t know what I’d be indicted for! How do they know what’s in the supposed indictment? It’s sealed!"
He went on to threaten legal action, claiming that the reports represented "unfounded falsehoods." Tom Snr is a portfolio manager by profession and he asserted that the negative publicity was neither warranted or welcome: "I’ve already had three phone calls today from people I know wanting to know if I’m okay. This rumor is getting out to people and I’m a portfolio manager. This isn’t good for business," he told a Poker Daily News staffer.
- Absolute Poker Dazzles Online Poker Players with FAME Loyalty Program & $45,000 in Diamond Giveaway
- New Absolute Buddy Feature Personalizes Online Poker Community
- Absolute Poker Maravilla a Jugadores de la Red del FAME Loyalty Program y da $45,000 en Premios de D
- Nueva Característica “Absolute Buddy” (Amigo Absoluto) Personaliza la Comunidad de Póquer En Línea
- Poker Holidays From Nuts Poker League