Large Online Poker Sites Unite
The third-largest poker network in the world was created yesterday as two major sites under the same parent company, AbsolutePoker and UltimateBet, formed CEREUS, which is expected to launch in August.
Chief Operating Officer Paul Leggert said: "I'm confident that Absolute Poker and UltimateBet customers will be thrilled by the new platform and we look forward to welcoming many new players from around the world."
This move means much larger playing fields on both UltimateBet and AbsolutePoker and very possibly a larger weekly guarantee than the $150k and $200k offered on AbsolutePoker and UltimateBet respectively.
Leggert added, "Our goal is to provide poker players with the ultimate online experience. The launch of CEREUS is a major step for us in achieving our goal and we look forward to making many more exciting announcements very soon."
A full tournament schedule and redesign plans are not yet known, however the poker world anticipates the launch of CEREUS as these two giants put their heads together.
- Introducing Cereus: New Online Poker Platform Will Be World’s Third Largest
- More Player Protection at Top Online Poker Sites
- Absolute Poker Dazzles Online Poker Players with FAME Loyalty Program & $45,000 in Diamond Giveaway
- New Absolute Buddy Feature Personalizes Online Poker Community
- Poker Sites Attracting Record Numbers