Improve Your Website Conversion
Statistics show that an astonishing 99% of all website traffic leaves a website without doing anything. This can be very frustrating for an affiliate but don’t become de-motivated by this unsettling figure. With these simple, yet effective tips you will be privy to helpful information that will improve your site conversion and radically increase lead generation and conversion percentages.
9 helpful hints to improve website conversion
- Website conversions can be improved if you place the focus on the layout, value proposition and call to action.
- Ask yourself “What is the purpose of my website?” This will help you ascertain the site’s core message, which in turn, will help focus the site’s design elements.
- The home page needs to convey a single idea as far as possible. The content should be informative yet concise. If your product requires online transactions, greater emphasis should be placed on getting the user to trust you. If the content is inaccurate or badly written, potential customers could be lost.
- Decide on where you want the visitor’s eye to settle. Eye tracking studies have shown that the human eye will be drawn towards elements based on position, contrast, scale and movement. Heat Map software will assist with the correct placement of site elements.
- Once the site’s primary focus has been defined, identify the priority landing pages to optimize. In most instances this is usually based on traffic volume and page hierarchy.
- Serving as the point of departure to the rest of the website, homepages are the hardest to optimize as there is generally a lot to communicate.
- A simple and uncluttered website is conducive to improving website conversion because potential customers will easily find what they are looking for, so there’s a greater chance they will convert.
- Ensure that content is continuously updated. Broken links, out-dated content and forms that are not user- friendly could lose customers.
- It’s easier and less expensive to double your conversions with your existing site traffic than getting twice as many people to visit your website.
- Remember: higher conversions equals higher profits!
About the Author:
Fortune Affiliate’s Conversion Manager, Shanta Segabon, works exclusively on player conversions, coming up with novel ways to reel in players and appeal to their latent needs. With over six years of conversion experience, Shanta is the go-to girl when it comes to converting players by applying extensive industry insight and ‘out of the box’ thinking.