French Internet Poker License for 888 and Microgaming
July 16, 2010 (CAP News Wire) – 888 has announced that it has received a license to offer Internet poker services in the newly regulated French online gambling market. The company’s French efforts are part of a joint deal with online gaming software provider Microgaming.
“Also licensed by ARJEL is the first operator scheduled to launch on 888 and Microgaming’s new network, La Société Française des Jeux sur Internet (SFJI),” reports EGR Magazine.
Per Globes Online, 888 CEO Gigi Levy stated: “We are delighted to receive a license to operate in France. We believe that the future of the online gaming industry is in regulated, legitimate and safe online gaming environments, and we have the right offering to obtain a significant market share in the newly regulated French market.”
According to Reuters, 888 shares rose 2.4 percent on the news.
888 owns the popular Paradise Poker room, one of the world’s most highly trafficked poker websites. Affiliates can promote Paradise Poke or other 888 online gambling brands via the Uffiliates affiliate program.
- PartyGaming Gets French Internet Poker and Sports Betting Licenses
- Microgaming and 888 Announce Joint Venture for French Online Gaming Market
- Microgaming and 888 Lead Online Gambling Industry with First French Application Submission
- Microgaming-Powered Operator TrioBet Successfully Acquires Estonian Gaming License
- Gibraltar Base for French Online Poker