First Deal for Neovia
December 1, 2008 (InfoPowa News) — In an agreement that the rebranded (previously Neteller) Neovia Financial plc says will create one of Europe's largest independent prepaid debit card businesses, Neovia has inked a deal to acquire IDT Corporation's European Prepaid Payment Services Division for a total cash consideration of US $15.05 million (approximately £10 million) to be satisfied out of existing cash resources.
Highlights of the agreement include:
* Agreement to purchase the entire issued share capital of IDT Financial Services Holdings Limited and certain other assets that together provide prepaid MasterCard products in the U.K. market under the IDT "Prime Card" brand.
* Total cash consideration of US $15.05 million to be paid to IDT Corporation on completion — this includes US $10 million of banking regulatory capital.
* Key strategic acquisition for Neovia, adding new product lines and distribution based on the IDT Prime Card, accelerating the development of Neovia's prepaid Net+ card business and rapidly increasing the company’s active Neteller e-wallet customer base.
* In combination with Neovia's Net+ card services, the agreement creates one of Europe's largest independent prepaid debit card businesses.
* Acquisition of IDTFS, which operates under a banking license issued by the Gibraltar FSC, will allow development in the long-term of additional financial services for Neovia's consumer and merchant customers.
* Acquisition is conditional on Gibraltar FSC regulatory approval and MasterCard consent.
Commenting on the agreement, Ron Martin, President & Chief Executive Officer of Neovia, said: "The acquisition of IDT Finance represents a major milestone in the development of our financial services offering to both our consumers and merchants and in our overall strategy to diversify our business. The integration of IDT Finance's well-regarded prepaid debit card operation and banking license will enable us to leverage our existing capabilities to offer additional products and services. We welcome IDT Finance to Neovia and look forward to developing the full potential of the business as part of our broader strategic vision."
Howard Jonas, Chairman of IDT Corporation, said that the acquisition would benefit consumers. "Neovia's considerable resources and expertise will expand the range of financial services available to IDTFS customers while nicely complementing Neovia’s existing capabilities."