Dragonfish Signs Agreement with MTV Networks UK and Ireland
July 1, 2010 (CAP PR Wire) – The launch of the bingo offering, which will initially be a skin on the Dragonfish network, will be MTV Networks’ first step into online gaming. The new brand Up Your Bingo (www.upyourbingo.co.uk) will receive significant marketing exposure across the existing MTV and VIVA network, both through the television channels and online. The offering will be going live in July.
Companies joining the Dragonfish bingo network benefit from instant liquidity, customised design, website building and hosting capabilities, and a comprehensive network management service. This includes 24/7 customer relationship management, ePayments, fraud and risk management, chat hosting and player support.
Gigi Levy, Acting Managing Director of Dragonfish and CEO of 888 Holdings, said: “As a leader in the field of gaming software and services we wish to form partnerships with market leaders from other business sectors seeking to monetise their assets. MTV Networks is an internationally renowned brand, and we are proud to launch their first entry into online gaming. The strength of Dragonfish’s bingo product offering, coupled with MTV Networks’ marketing reach, provides an exciting platform from which to build a successful partnership.”
Philip Bourchier O’Ferrall, Senior Vice President, Digital Media, MTV Networks International, UK & Ireland, said: “We are delighted to have agreed this new deal with Dragonfish which marks our very first online gaming initiative. At a time when the market for online games and virtual worlds is continuing to grow, collaborations such as this one provide responsible and enjoyable gaming opportunities for our audience.”
Ann-marie Wilkinson / Andrew Benbow
+44 20 7920 2344
- Dragonfish is the brand name for 888 Holdings Plc’s B2B business and is a separate division within 888
- Dragonfish is a leading provider of Total Gaming Services – Games & Technology; Operations; Marketing and ePayments – with an unique heritage within one of the world’s leading B2C brands, 888
- Games covered by Dragonfish include Casino, Poker, Bingo, Sports and Quickplay
- Dragonfish has unsurpassed operations and marketing knowledge in the gaming industry
- Please see www.dragonfishtech.com for further details, or contact through firstname.lastname@example.org
About MTV Networks UK & Ireland
- MTV Networks is the largest television network in the world and a leading creator of programming and content across all media platforms. MTV Networks’ brands are seen globally in 640 million households in 163 countries and 34 languages via 169 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 400 digital media properties. The company’s diverse holdings also include interests in television syndication, digital media, publishing, home video, radio, recorded music, licensing & merchandising and two feature film divisions, MTV Films and Nickelodeon Movies.
- MTV Networks UK & Ireland operates 3 channel groups – Comedy, Kids and Music. Our ten branded music and entertainment channels comprise of MTV, MTV+1, MTV Rocks, MTV Classic, MTV Shows, MTV Hits, MTV Dance, MTV Base, VH1 and VIVA. They feature the best in music alongside popular shows such as Pimp My Ride, The Hills, Laguna Beach, My Super Sweet 16, Punk’d and Cribs. MTV Networks’ music channels are available on Sky, Virgin Media and Freeview.
- Comedy Central and Nickelodeon in the UK are part of the MTV Networks International portfolio of channels through joint ventures with BSKYB.
- In addition, MTV Networks is a pioneer in digital media, winning awards for its interactive and online services, as well as being the first media company to offer made-for-mobile 3G video content.
- MTV Networks is a unit of Viacom Inc. (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B).