DoylesRoom Hosts Haiti Relief Tournament
January 19, 2010 (CAP PR Wire) – DoylesRoom.com is going all in to send relief to Haiti. The online poker destination is diverting all tournament fees collected from this Wednesday’s $50,000 Bounty Tournament to a relief organization, matching all bounty money won and adding additional funds to help aid organizations respond to the catastrophe that has devastated so many in Haiti. A number of Hollywood celebrities are expected to play in the tournament along with Doyle Brunson and members of The Brunson 10.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of the earthquake and the families of those affected by the disaster in Haiti,” said Doyle Brunson. “It’s times like these that make you realize how lucky all of us really are, even when the flop isn’t on our side. It really puts things in perspective.”
Expected to play in the DoylesRoom.com Haiti Relief Bounty Tournament on Wednesday, January 20 at 9:30pm ET are Mickey Rourke, Nicky Hilton, Doyle Brunson and Kevin Connolly. An official list of bounties will be announced early next week.
While the $50,000 Wednesday Bounty isn’t new to DoylesRoom.com, the poker website is turning this Wednesday’s tournament into one that does much more than just reward players:
- The online poker website is matching all bounty money won and donating the total to relief efforts in Haiti, allocating a potential $50,000 for charity.
- All tournament fees collected will also be donated to charity.
- For each first time player who takes advantage of the bounty rebate, DoylesRoom.com will donate another $27.50 to the relief efforts. All first time players are eligible to receive their buy-in back after the tournament has ended and management is encouraging those players to donate their rebate as well.
For just $27.50, bounty hunters with a heart can buy into the online poker tournament and play for a prize pool that includes up to $50,000 in bounty money while supporting an incredibly important cause. Any player who knocks out one of the celebrity bounties will win $1,000 in bounty cash. Two celebrity takedowns will earn the bounty hunter $10,000 and three knockouts will earn the successful player $50,000.
For more details on the Wednesday bounty tournament, click on www.DoylesRoom.com.
Online since 2004, DoylesRoom (www.DoylesRoom.com) is the only online poker site to proudly bear the legendary Doyle Brunson name. DoylesRoom offers its players access to unequaled poker promotions, fast action, and countless opportunities to play with Doyle Brunson and other legends of the game. Poker players from North America and around the world can compete for the biggest stakes on the web or sharpen their poker skills while playing Texas Hold‘em and other popular games for free. With free poker software, lessons, tournaments, nonstop Sit-and-Go tournaments and ring games available at all limits, DoylesRoom is the preeminent poker destination for real live game play — online or anywhere.
- DoylesRoom.com Brings Back Wednesday Bounty, Doubles Prize Money to $50,000
- Doyle Brunson and Family Celebrate Thanksgiving with Bounty Tournament Feast Worth Over $50,000
- DoylesRoom Offers Players WPT Qualifiers
- $250,000 Up for Grabs in Star-Studded Super Saturday at DoylesRoom.com
- DoylesRoom.com Players Get Time Out with Synchronized Breaks in Latest Software Update