British Open Content Ideas and Promotions
The British Open is one of professional golf’s most prestigious events and it’s, arguably, the biggest tournament held outside of the United States. It’s been contested on the third Friday in July , almost, every year since 1860 on one of nine of the UK’s finest courses
As one of golf’s four majors, the Open draws a top name golfers, huge numbers of viewers, and and plenty of wagering action.
This year, the Open takes place just 12 days before the start of the London Olympics, giving sports book affiliates a great opportunity to cross promote these two mega-events.
British Open Content Ideas
Here are a few ideas for developing British Open content that really drives traffic.
- Find guest blogging opportunities – Sports handicappers have a unique perspective on the sports they cover. Feel free to share that view with the world on a guest blog post. If you’re having trouble getting started, here’s a list of the top 50 Golf blogs on the Web.
- Post Up Link Bait – Write up a few general pieces on the Open like, 10 Longshots Who Won the Open and Why or 3 Factors That Could Decide the Open that can be easily shared.
- Add Your Opinion – Self promotion is usually tolerated in Tweets and on forum postings if it’s actually adding to the discussion. Used sparingly, this can really drive traffic.
- Write an e-Book – It doesn’t have to be a long one. Grab your old golf content and tips, and put them all in one place. Creating an e-book is much easier than you might think.
- Tweet, Tweet and Tweet some more – If you’re going to watch the event, go ahead and Tweet out the winners, or just your comments on the events, just don’t over do it.
British Open Promotions
SIA Affiliates - Sports Interaction Sports Book has been around for 15 years and has built up a good reputation in the online sports betting world. Golf bettors can grab a 100% bonus of up to $125 on their first deposit. They’ve put a heavy emphasis on mobile betting apps recently and that’s a good way to introduce them to your readers. Affiliate partners can grab an extra $250 for five approved players in the first 60 days.
Europartners - Their Titan Bet Sports Book offers new bettors a $25 free bet with the initial deposit. There’s also plenty of sports betting content, live betting features and advanced statistics. Titan Bet takes action on practically every sport including cricket and darts. Cap readers can take advantage of a 60% guaranteed revenue share for the first three months and 25%-40% (depending on the number of players) after that.
Boylesports – As Ireland’s biggest independent sports book, Boyle has been taking action on sporting events since 1989 and that’s a pretty good sign. First time depositors can get a free match bet of up to £/€20. New affiliate partners who sign up through CAP can receive a 40% revenue share for their first three months in the program and 30% after that.
What are you doing to promote the British Open? Let us know on our SEO Forum.