Biggest World Series of Poker Event Begins
The Main Event is the largest poker tournament in the World Series of Poker and indeed the world itself. The most expensive event and the one which carries the most prestige, however, is the $50,000 World Championship H.O.R.S.E.
Combining the games of Texas Hold ‘em; Omaha Hi/Low Split Eight-or-Better, Razz, Seven-Card Stud and Seven-Card Stud Hi/Low Split Eight or better, the event is regarded by many top players as being the sign of the best all-round poker player in the world.
The tournament is now dedicated to the late Chip Reese, who won the inaugural event after an epic eight-hour heads-up battle with Andy Bloch and was considered by many to be the best cash game player in the world. He rarely entered big tournaments, preferring to avoid the spotlight, but that win secured his position as one of the world's best players. The winner of this year's event will win not only the bracelet; $1,989,120 and the respect and admiration of the poker world, but also a Chip Reese trophy.
- Online Poker Series Begins
- Ultimate to Give Away Record Number of Free Seats to Poker’s Biggest Main Event
- World Series of Poker Sees Rich Pickings For Pros
- HollywoodPoker.com rolls out the red carpet for players at their World Series Of Poker Grand Weekend
- Everest Poker Secures Deal with World Series of Poker