888 issues first Corporate Responsibility Report
December 7, 2009 (CAP PR Wire) — 888, one of the world’s most popular online gaming entertainment companies, has issued its 2008 Corporate Responsibility Report. The Report is the first that 888 has produced, and builds on the Company’s long-standing commitment to corporate and social responsibility.
888 appointed Ruth Tanami as dedicated Director of Responsible Gaming in 2006, and in recognition of the Company’s CSR policies has been a member of the FTSE4Good since March 2008.
2008 saw 888 continue to progress initiatives across a diverse range of areas, with a comprehensive programme helping improve the Company’s economic, social and environmental impacts. These are split into three sections in the Report – People, Planet and Play.
- Second annual charity event held, employees generating $50,000 in donations
- Charitable cash donations and in-kind contributions totaled $232,485 for charities in Antigua, Israel, Gibraltar and the United Kingdom
- 13 % reduction in electricity consumption per square meter of office space
- Participation in the United Nations Global Compact
- Commitment to responsible gaming further illustrated by introduction of unique data mining system called “The Observer” in order to identify and support problem gamblers
Commenting on the Report, Gigi Levy, Chief Executive Officer, said:
“The publication of this Report emphasises the core importance that ethical values have to 888’s business. As well as being the right thing to do, conducting our business responsibly is fundamental to our future success. Managing social and environmental factors enhances our credibility with stakeholders, whilst our market-leading approach to player risk builds relationships with our customers, both in turn helping to support our international business development.”
To view the 2008 Corporate Responsibility Report in full, please click here.
Contacts and enquiries:
888 Holdings Plc
Gigi Levy, Chief Executive Officer +350 200 49 800
Aviad Kobrine, Chief Financial Officer +350 200 49 800