2014 London Affiliate Conference (LAC) Preview
The 2014 London Affiliate Conference (LAC) is one the biggest event on the casino affiliate marketing event circuit, and it’s also one of the best.
This laid back event offers affiliates the perfect chance to build their business connections while blowing off some steam at some of the industry’s best parties and cocktail hours.
Here are ten ways affiliates can get the most out of this year’s LAC.
1. Network, Network, Network – Affiliates are used to working in isolation, which is why networking at the LAC is so valuable. All that face time with affiliate manager is an asset that can pay off big dividends down the line.
2. Branding without Burning – Why Affiliates Have to Become a Brand to Survive – Judith Lewis, Head of Search, Beyond, host this seminar on how affiliates can stay ahead in an increasingly competitive market.
3. Content Marketing for Affiliates – SEO isn’t dead, it’s just another piece in a puzzle that’s more and more reliant on content marketing. Marcus Taylor, founder of Venture Harbour, walks affiliates through the basics of upping their content game in world that’s big on social shares and viral content.
4. The Future for Affiliates – Casino affiliate marketing has seen a lot of changes lately and more are coming down the pike. In this session, a blue-ribbon panel (Edward Ihre, Ihre Consulting; Andy Edwards, madaboutbingo.com; Ellen Grath, Unibet; and James McCaster, KMi Gaming) look into a crystal ball and predict the industry’s future.
5. Party in the U.K. – One of LAC’s biggest selling points is a casual atmosphere that’s actually very conducive for getting deals done. Whether it’s drinks and games on the exhibit floor, or drinks and shop talk at a cocktail party, you’re guaranteed to have a great time.
6. Technical SEO Architecture – We said SEO isn’t and we meant it. In this session, Scott Polk, VP of Internet Marketing, ObsidianEdge Marketing, walks conference attendees through the furthest, coded corners of their SEO efforts. Polk, a longtime SEO veteran, takes a holistic approach to SEO and lives by the mantra, “SEO is about the entire site, not a single page or keyword.”
7. Bitcoin: Friend or Foe? – Most affiliates aren’t quite sure what to make of the Bitcoin boom, but it’s something you can ignore at your peril. This panel discussion (David Gzesch, lawyer; Jon Matonis, Board Director Bitcoin Foundation; Willem van Oort, Gran Via Online; Eric Benz, ZipZap, Inc.) look at the various legal and technical challenges associated with Bitcoin and their impact on the igaming industry.
8. The Sunday Session – The LAC blows by in a whirl, which is why the slow-paced Sunday Session is the perfect way to ease your back home. This year’s session is sponsored by Intertops and includes a poker tournament and plenty of libations.
9. iGB Affiliate Awards – Casino affiliates go all out for this one-of-a-kind awards gala. It’s a great chance to don your fancy clothes and mingle with your colleagues in a very festive, and informal atmosphere. (And if you want to vote for Sarah from CAP for Best Affiliate Manager, that’s perfectly fine with us.)
10. The Fire and Ice Party – Fire and Ice is an after-party that puts just about every other industry cocktail to shame. It’s an absolutely over-the-top event you’ll never forget (but may not remember).
LAC 2014 runs February 6-9 and registration is open now and affiliates receive free admission.