2011 World Series of Poker Schedule Announced
The official schedule for the 2011 World Series of Poker has been released. The 42nd annual installment of the most popular poker event starts the day after Memorial Day and, as usual, will be held at the Rio in Las Vegas.
The WSOP officially kicks off on May 31, 2011. The Main Event begins “on Thursday, July 7, 2011, and once again feature four starting days (July 7, July 8, July 9 and July 10),” WSOP organizers state in a news release.
There are changes to the way events are timed, with a new “hard stop” rule stating that all tournaments will play 10 levels each day and then breaking. In the past, each day’s end of play had been at the discretion of the tournament director.
A more detailed WSOP schedule will be released in January, offering more info on individual tournaments, buy-ins, dates and times.
But it’s a good time to start preparing your poker affiliate marketing plan to deal with the surge of interest. After all, the World Series of Poker is the largest online gambling traffic driver, according to comScore. What poker affiliate wouldn’t want to take advantage of all that extra online poker interest?
- Energy Drink to Maintain World Series of Poker Partnership in 2009
- Additional Rules for World Series of Poker
- World Series of Poker Sees Rich Pickings For Pros
- TitanPoker.com Giving Away Seats for World Series of Poker
- HollywoodPoker.com rolls out the red carpet for players at their World Series Of Poker Grand Weekend